Meet the parents: veitchii (m) edition

I figured it would be cool to show off parents of my veitchii grexes in more detail, so I'll do one post on the veitchii (m) parents and another on the veitchii (k). Let's start out with my favorites! 

The veitchii (m) grex was produced by Exotica plants several years ago and is, in my opinion, one of the best grexes of veitchii ever released commercially. The (m) plants were a cross of two 'Bario' type veitchii, and typically display the characteristic squat pitcher shape, tall peristome and terrestrial, crawling growth habit that comes to mind when people picture this type of veitchii. However, this grex has a huge amount of variability (like most grexes of veitchii) in terms of pitcher color, peristome color and pitcher shape, obviously, the most desired display a squat, pinkish/red body with striped peristomes, which are unfortunately, the small minority of plants released. Like most veitchii, these plants are fairly slow growing and take a good while to mature and show their full potential. Here are a few of my largest (m) plants i was lucky enough to make some grexes with!

   N. veitchii (m) '1' EP SG F

My first veitchii and the one that started the addiction! This specimen is female and is currently holding 2 stalks of maturing seed. One of my absolute favorites!

    N. veitchii (m) '2' EP SG M

At one point, this was the single largest plant in my collection, it has since been chopped back. It produces massive squat, pink tinged pitchers with a beautiful gold peristome. This one fathered several grexes of (k) x (m)

    N. veitchii (m) '3' EP SG M

Another very round bodied, gold peristome veitchii. This one is actually on the small side still and still hasn't shown its full potential. I absolutely love the peachy, orange color the pitchers get and of course the shape is absolutely beautiful. I accidentally snapped the main vine of this one while moving it, but it quickly produced a basal and should be back to its former glory in no time!

I hope you guys enjoyed a little eye candy! Another post detailing my (k) plants will be coming up. I can't wait to see what the offspring of these plant will end up looking like in the future. Thanks for looking!

Comments

Popular Posts